While it is always recommended that you book a trip at least two to three business days in advance, each health plan may have a different restrictions on how far out you can book a trip. For example, while some health plans allow scheduling up to 180 days in advance, others only allow scheduling up to 30 days in advance. RideView won’t let you book a trip past the applicable booking window or eligibility on file.
Articles in this section
- Transportation Line Phone Numbers
- How do I book a trip?
- How do I rebook a trip?
- Can I book a repeating/recurring trip?
- How far out can I book a trip?
- How can I add special equipment requests to a trip?
- What if my passenger needs an item that isn’t on the Specific Needs list?
- Why isn't RideView letting me book a trip for a passenger?
- How can I add a passenger to your system?
- I’m having issues finding a location.